Evangelists & Staff 2021
Rev. Daniel Herring, Rev. Daniel Herring is a graduate of Mississippi State University and Asbury Theological Seminary. Since July of 2018 he has served as the pastor of First United Methodist Church of Grenada. Previous churches served as pastor or associate pastor are Petal United Methodist Church and First United Methodist Church of Brandon. In addition he served as youth minister at Forest United Methodist Church, Burns United Methodist Church, and McLaurin Heights United Methodist Church of Pearl.
Daniel has been married to Emily for 17 years. Emily currently is a dyslexia therapist for Grenada Public School District. They have 5 children, Anna, Olivia, Sophia, Cecelia, and Noah. Daniel is passionate about sharing the Good News, finding creative ways for churches to be intentional in discipleship. He is an expository preacher that enjoys teaching the Scripture. When he is not at the church, spending time with his family, you will probably find him on the golf course. Daniel will be leading us the first half of Campmeeting.
Rev. Andy Stoddard, Andy is the lead pastor at St. Matthew's UMC in Madison, Mississippi. Andy grew up near the campground and has served United Methodist churches across MS. Before being appointed to St. Matthew's Andy served as pastor of Asbury UMC in Petal, MS. Previous to that he served as pastor Ripley FUMC in Ripley, MS, Coy UMC in Preston, MS and Boyle, Linn, and Litton UMC's near Cleveland, MS. He is a 1998 graduate of Mississippi College, and in 2003 graduated Memphis Theological Seminary. Andy is married to the former Holly Calcote from Brookhaven, MS. They have two children Sarah (11) and Thomas (8.) Andy's hobbies include joggging, cheering for Ole Miss and the San Francisco Giants, and reading CS Lewis, Tim Kellar, and John Wesley. Follow Andy on Twitter at www.twitter.com/revandys. Read Andy's blog at www.revandy.org. Andy will be leading us during the second half of Campmeeting.
will be blessing us again with her musical talents.
Steve Russell, Steve
teaches piano at Co-Lin Community College and lives in Brookhaven, MS.
He has been with us many years and will bless us again
with his musical gifts.
Children's & Youth Ministers
Haley Lowery, Haley
is thrilled to teach the Preschoolers during Campmeeting 2021! Haley
has been in Children's Ministry for almost ten years. She is currently
serving as the Director of Children and Spiritual Life at Batesville
First United Methodist Church. She has her Masters of Arts in Christian
Education from Asbury Theological Seminary and is currently pursuing
her Masters of Divinity. Haley has had the opportunity to lead
Children's Ministry training, Children's Retreats, and Camp Counselor
training in the last several years. Haley has grown up attending
Campmeeting every year. She is excited to be able to be a part of the
Campmeeting Preschool ministry!
Mike Howington, Mike graduated from the University of Louisiana in Monroe, Louisiana. “My enthusiasm for youth ministry started when I was a college student. I just wanted to find a place of involvement when I saw the huge lack of student ministry people. My heart wanted to help solve the problem. So my passion is to help the church recreate youth culture,” he relates.
Since joining the Mississippi Conference’s Connectional Ministry team in 2013, as the Youth and Family Ministry coordinator, Mike has been instrumental in:
· Building The Gathering Student Conference to be the largest Mississippi Conference student event in history. In 2017, over 1500 students were in attendance.
· Growing connection among youth workers throughout the state of Mississippi; impacting districts through training events and district gatherings of youth ministries.
· Developing the SMI movement (Student Ministry Initiative) which has multiple levels to it with the most significant being the SMI Conference. Along with the conference, the SMI Cohort for youth workers has launched their third year long group.
· Teaming with Ministry Architects, Inc. to develop a Cohort for youth from across the state. This year 14 students have begun a two-year journey.
· Teaching each of you! Mike has spoken at churches, small and large workshops on: Lead Small, Leading Effective Change and It’s Just a Phase, so Don’t Miss It.
· Leading by speaking at many different events throughout the year, by helping small camps with programming, and by assisting local church youth ministries evaluate their core values.
Mike is married to Tara, and has two daughters, Annsley (8) and Adelyn (3). During his free time, Mike also enjoys playing softball and golf, and he is the self-proclaimed world’s best Ms. Pacman player.
Felder UMC Host Pastor
Rev. Daniel Speed
Home History Pictures Evangelists Directions